Pasta sauce is such a great way to get veggies into kids and even fussy eaters will love this delicious recipe. This sauce is made with 6 veggies, it is packed with nutrients and tastes great too. The best part though, is unlike many store bought pasta sauces, this contains absolutely no sugar.
The video below shows the veggies being baked in an oven, but if you are low in time, the veggies can just as easily be cooked in a frying pan. We often just do it on the stove top. Simply add the garlic and onions to a pan set to medium heat and soften them before adding the rest of the veggies. I suggest adding the spices at this point and continue to stir for approximately 5 minutes. You can now add the canned tomatoes and tomato puree and simmer until the veggies are soft. Transfer the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Add it to your cooked pasta, serve and enjoy. You could add cooked chicken, cheese, chives or fresh basil to the sauce if you wish.
Don’t forget to check out our silicone suction bowls. They are great for serving pasta and best yet, no flying bowls or messes to clean off the floor or carpet 🙂
Six Veggie Pasta Sauce
- 2 Carrots (Chopped)
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Capsicum (Red or orange works best)
- 1 Small Onion (Cut into 8 pieces)
- 4 Button Mushrooms
- 1 Can Organic Tomatoes
- 2 TBSP Tomato Puree
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/4 TSP Black Pepper
- 1/2 TSP Dried Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Chop the vegetables into smaller and approximately equal sizes.
- Place the veggies on a lined baking tray and add the olive oil. Mix the veggies with olive oil and place in the preheated oven. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Start cooking the pasta and drain when done.
- Add the cooked vegetables to a blender and add the canned tomatoes, tomato puree and spices and blend until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the pasta, mix and serve.
- You can add cooked chicken, bacon, cheese, fresh chives or basil if you wish.